Thank you for your desire to join the Latino Medical Student Association. Please select the appropriate membership that best applies to you. To join our regional listserv, please sign up here.
- Medical Students: For matriculated students of allopathic and osteopathic medical programs.
- Premedical: For pre-medical students, those students involved in health related studies (Pre-health students), and post-baccalaureate students.
- Professional Students: For graduate PhD and Allied Health Profession students.
- Residents: For junior physicians in residency training.
- Physicians: For practicing physicians who have a continuing interest in issues and programs that affect medical education and the delivery of health care to under-served populations.
- Health Professionals & Postgraduate Members: includes Allied Health Professionals and Post-Doctorates
The membership of LMSA shall consist of individuals whose interests are consistent with the objectives and who meet the requirements for membership as provided by the LMSA Constitution. Individuals must submit their application information and dues to be eligible for membership and to have voting privileges. All members are expected to be active and attend local chapter, regional, and national LMSA-NE meetings.
LMSA Membership Benefits
DISCOUNTED ENTRY TO EVENTS
Members of LMSA can save up to $60 on registration fees for both regional and national conference.
Qualification to apply for LMSA Merit Scholarships and information about other national scholarships announced through the LMSA-NE e-mail list and the website. Information on scholarships will be forthcoming.
Qualification to participate at the LMSA-NE Annual Research Poster Competition at the National Conference and information about other research opportunities announced through the LMSA-NE e-mail list and the website.
Qualification to run for LMSA-NE regional and LMSA national executive board positions
Through the various regional and national LMSA activities, you will have the opportunity to network with other Latinos in the health professions both at the medical school level and beyond. LMSA members also participate in activities organized by the National Hispanic Medical Association, the national organization representing Latino physicians and medical faculty across the United States